Benefits of physiotherapy treatment following your surgery may include:
- Decreasing pain and swelling
- Restoring and maintaining full range of movement
- Increasing muscle strength
- Improving mobility
- Promoting independence with transfers, getting in and out of the bath, getting up and down the stairs
- Facilitating functional activities such as dressing, washing and shopping.
- Increasing safety around your home
- Improving quality of life
- Hands on techniques including joint mobilisation
- Strengthening and stretching exercises
- Electrotherapy such as ultrasound, and heat or ice when appropriate to reduce swelling and relieve pain
- Teaching you how to mobilise with the use of assistive devices, such as crutches and a walker to increase safety
- Balance training
For more information on how rehabilitation following your surgery can help please call Manchester Physio now on 0161 883 0077 or to book an appointment please contact us.