Physiotherapy for Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) injury
People commonly damage their Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) by a powerful force to the front of the upper shin, making it painful to walk.
A person with a PCL injury will benefit from physiotherapy treatment at Manchester Physio. A specialised rehabilitation programme from one of our dedicated physiotherapists at Manchester Physio will improve the movement in your knee and strengthen your muscles around it, so that you can return to everyday and sporting activities safely and effectively as soon as possible.
Benefits of physiotherapy for a PCL injury at Manchester Physio include:
- Reducing pain
- Reducing swelling
- Improving joint flexibility
- Improving muscle strength
- Improving balance and coordination
- Returning you back to exercise/sport/hobbies with success
At Manchester Physio our musculoskeletal physiotherapists use a variety of techniques and equipment, to promote healing and aid recovery and may include:
- Electrotherapy to reduce swelling and accelerate healing
- ICE to reduce swelling and relieve pain
- Gentle range of movement exercises to relieve pain, stiffness and swelling
- Graduated exercise program including stretching and strengthening activities using therabands/weights.
- Activities to improve balance using trampettes/wobbleboards
- Core stability exercises
- Functional activities based around everyday tasks
- Sport specific exercises using treadmill, gym balls.
For more information on how physiotherapy can help you, or to book an appointment please call 0161 883 0077