Vestibular Conditions Manchester Physio Treat
Manchester Physio has specialist Vestibular physiotherapists who have experience in treating a wide variety of vestibular conditions. We regularly treat the following:
- Altered vision
- Hearing Loss
- Room spin
- Fuzzing feeling in the head
- Sensitivity to busy situations
- Panic attack or anxiety
- Reduction in normal activities due to symptoms
What is Vestibular Physiotherapy?
Vestibular physiotherapy is the analysis and treatment of problems which arise from a dysfunction of the vestibular system. It involves a physical assessment which looks at the function of the eyes, ears and balance sensors. A diagnosis will then be made which will guide a treatment program. Vestibular rehabilitation can take only one session in some cases but other this rehabilitation process will take months. There is very good evidence to support the use of physiotherapy treatment for vestibular conditions and it is the recommended choice of treatment from most dizziness specialists.
Our Vestibular Physiotherapy Service
Manchester Physio vestibular service is run by expert physiotherapists who have many years experience in treating a wide variety of vestibular problems.
What is involved the first Vestibular Physiotherapy appointment
The first vestibular physiotherapy appointment at Manchester Physio involves 4 sections:
- Subjective assessment - this is why you will be asked lots of questions about your symptoms, how it is effecting you and about your general health.
- Objective assessment - a number of tests that look at your eyes, balance, walking and symptom production will be carried out.
- Diagnosis - from the subjective and objective assessment a diagnosis should be reached and this will be explained to you. If it was felt further investigation were required this would all be made clear.
- Treatment - this will be provided on day 1 as it is important to get started with your rehabilitation. A home exercise program is nearly always provided.
Why choose Manchester Physio for Vestibular Physiotherapy
Manchester Physio has a dedicated service for patients who have symptoms relating to the vestibular system. Additional reason why to choose our service include:
- Specialist trained physiotherapist
- Good links with consultants
- Convenient appointment times
- A number of convenient locations
- Excellent facilities
- No waiting list