Physiotherapy for Cerebral Palsy
At Manchester Physio, our neurological physiotherapists provide treatment for both children and adults with cerebral palsy, in order to maintain functional ability and improve quality of life. Physiotherapy treatment at Manchester Physio will help individuals with cerebral palsy from an early age to learn the correct ways to move and maximise their potential with everyday activities.
Benefits of physiotherapy for cerebral palsy at Manchester Physio include:
- Increasing muscle strength
- Improving postural stability
- Improving balance
- Reducing stiffness
- Improving fitness
- Promoting independence
- Reaching targets
- Maximising potential
- Structured exercise program including muscle strengthening exercises to improve postural control and stretching to relieve stiffness and pain
- Exercises to improve fine motor activities such as writing and eating and daily living activities such as dressing.
- Activities to improve mobility and balance
- Advice on positioning in sitting and standing to improve comfort and posture
- Advice about supportive devices such as orthotics
- Constraint induced movement therapy to improve upper limb function
- Hydrotherapy treatment
For more information on how physiotherapy can help you or to book an appointment please call 0161 883 0077.