How can physiotherapy help after surgery?
Our specialist paediatric physiotherapists will carry out a thorough assessment of a child's problems following surgery and establish an individual treatment programme which may include:
- Advice regarding pain relieving techniques
- Techniques to reduce swelling e.g. ice
- Exercises to improve range of movement and muscle strength
- Gait re-education to improve mobility and independence
- Exercises to improve balance and coordination
- Exercises to improve exercise tolerance and overall fitness
- Advice regarding return to previous activities and hobbies
- Advice to parents on handling and caring for their child post-surgery
- Hydrotherapy to improve weight-bearing, mobility, balance, range of movement and strength and reduce pain
Why Manchester Physio?
- No waiting lists for assessment
- One on one treatment for your child
- Dedicated, patient centred approach
- Specialist physiotherapists
- Motivated, caring staff
- Proven track record
- Hydrotherapy available
Manchester Physio can provide treatment for children post-surgery across Greater Manchester and Cheshire. We can provide assessment and treatment at our clinic, a child's school or at your home for your convenience.
See our testimonials to read about the experiences of current and past patients.
To find out more please contact us or arrange a free phone consultation.