Physiotherapy for fibromyalgia
People with fibromyalgia will benefit from specialist physiotherapy assessment and treatment at Manchester Physio. Physiotherapy is designed to help improve the physical symptoms of fibromyalgia.
Benefits of physiotherapy treatment at Manchester Physio for fibromyalgia include:
- Reducing pain
- Increasing muscle strength and flexibility
- Reducing muscle spasms
- Reducing stiffness
- Improving energy levels
- Increasing physical activity
- Enhancing quality of sleep
- Improving sense of well being
- Improving quality of life
- Soft tissue massage along with stretching exercises to relieve stiffness and pain
- Advice about pacing and monitoring activities
- Structured exercise program tailored to you including active and passive movement and aerobic activities.
- Hydrotherapy to relieve tension and maximise fitness
- Goal setting - setting short and long term goals related to your lifestyle and needs to monitor progress and ensure you make long-term improvements
For more information about physiotherapy for fibromyalgia, or to book an appointment please call 0161 883 0077.