Physiotherapy for Peripheral Nerve Injury
At Manchester Physio, we provide individualised assessment and treatment for many people with a peripheral nerve injury.
Physiotherapy treatment at Manchester Physio will help you improve independence with everyday tasks such as dressing, walking and shopping and help you regain a full recovery as soon as possible.
Benefits of physiotherapy at Manchester Physio include:
- Improve function
- Improve mobility
- Increase balance
- Increase muscle strength and length
- Enhance independence
- Manage pain
- Normalising sensation
Physiotherapy treatment will be tailored to your individual symptoms but may include:
- Exercises and strengthen muscles and maintain muscle length
- Practicing functional tasks to improve independence and regain confidence with these activities
- Activities to promote nerve motion and gliding
- Advice about positioning to increase comfort
- Hydrotherapy to relieve pain and stiffness and enhance mobility
- Functional electrical simulation advice about bracing/splinting to:
- Reduce formation of scar tissue
- Improve sensation
- Reduce pain
If you would like more information on how physiotherapy can help people following a peripheral nerve injury, or to book an appointment please call 0161 883 0077.