Physiotherapy for Transverse Myelitus
At Manchester Physio, our specialised neurological physiotherapists will help a person with transverse myelitus. Physiotherapy treatment will be tailored to your individual needs, to maximise your functional ability and ensure you reach your true potential. Our neurological physiotherapists at Manchester Physio understand that the rapid onset of symptoms of transverse myelitus can be scary.
Benefits of physiotherapy treatment for transverse myelitus includes:
- Improving muscle strength
- Improving cardiovascular fitness
- Maximising mobility
- Improving independence with everyday activities
- Enhancing transfers
- Structured exercise program to increase muscle strength and balance in order to improve mobility
- Hydrotherapy treatment to relax stiff muscles and relieve pain
- Advice on mobility aids such as wheelchairs, walking aids and orthotics to improve independence with everyday tasks.
- Transfer rehab, teaching you how to get in and out of bed, on and off toilet, up and doen stairs safely and effectively
- Postural advice and reduce pain and stiffness
For more information on how physiotherapy can help you or to book an appointment please call 0161 883 0077.