Physiotherapy for myopathy
Specialised physiotherapy at Manchester Physio will help a person with a myopathy.
Our neurological physiotherapists at Manchester Physio will guide you through a structured treatment program to help you manage your symptoms and improve your independence with everyday tasks.
Benefits of physiotherapy for myopathy include:
- Improving physical function
- Enhancing independence with daily activities
- Improving balance
- Enhancing joint range of movement
- Improving self-esteem
- Improving mobility
- Maximising muscle strength
- Enhancing quality of life
- Muscle strength training to keep muscles strong for as long as possible and maximise mobility and physical function
- A structured exercise program to improve balance, coordination, flexibility and endurance.
- Stretching exercises to lengthen tight muscles and ease muscle spasms
- Correcting and varying posture in lying, sitting and standing to increase comfort.
- Advise about mobility aids and orthotics.
- Hydrotherapy treatment to relieve pain and stiffness and strengthen and stretch muscles
For more information on physiotherapy for myopathy, or to book an appointment please call 0161 883 0077.