How can physiotherapy help following a fracture?
As the limb may have been immobilised for a period of time in order for the fracture to heal secondary complications such as muscle weakness, pain and stiffness may have developed. Physiotherapy can help a child recover their function by:
- Improving range of movement and muscle strength
- Reducing pain and stiffness
- Assisting return to normal activities as soon as possible
- Exercises to improve muscle strength and range of movement
- Pain management advice such as use of heat and ice
- Education on normal patterns of movement for standing, walking and running
- Hydrotherapy to aid weight bearing and increased function
Why Manchester Physio?
- Immediate treatment to maximise rehabilitation
- One on one treatment
- Caring staff who are committed to achieving the best results
- Specialist physiotherapists
- Able to treat wide range of problems post-fracture with visible results
- Proven track record
Manchester Physio can provide treatment following a fracture in various locations across Greater Manchester and Cheshire. We can provide assessment and treatment at our clinic, a child's school or at your home for your convenience.
See our testimonials to read about the experiences of current and past patients.
To find out more please contact us or arrange a free phone consultation.