- Back pain
- Thoracic (chest) pain
- Shoulder pain
- Knee pain
- TMJ (jaw) pain
Physiotherapy for Road Traffic Accidents
Physiotherapy treatment will reduce pain and stiffness and promote healing so you can get back to your everyday activities and hobbies as soon as possible.
It is important to commence physiotherapy shortly after your accident for the best possible results.
Your physiotherapist at Manchester Physio will initially take a thorough history and make a full examination to establish the cause of your condition and the best way to help relieve your symptoms and facilitate recovery.
Physiotherapy treatment will depend on your symptoms following your road traffic accident but may include:
- Heat therapy to reduce pain
- Ultra sound
- Soft tissue massage to ease pain and stiffness
- Stretching to lengthen tight muscles
- Joint mobilisation to regain range of movement
- Trigger point therapy
- Muscle strengthening once pain has settled to support and stabilize the surrounding joints
For more information about how physiotherapy can help, or to book an appointment please call 0161 883 0077.