Physiotherapy for dementia
Specialist neurological physiotherapy treatment at Manchester Physio will benefit a person with dementia. At Manchester Physio our motivated neurological physiotherapist understand that dementia affects everyone differently and can have a significant impact on the person affected both physically and emotionally.
Physiotherapy treatment at Manchester Physio will improve independence with everyday activities such as bed mobility, walking and climbing the stairs as well as advising and supporting family and or carers about help outside treatment sessions.
Benefits of physiotherapy for dementia at Manchester Physio include:
- Improving activity
- Improving function
- Maximising mobility
- Reducing pain
- Relieving stiffness
- Reduces risk of falling
- Maintaining independence
- Active range of movement exercises to keep muscles strong and flexible and make functional activities easier
- Balance training to improve confidence and reduce risk of falling
- Gait re-education with or without support to maximise mobility
- Practicing functional tasks to enhance independence
- Transfer rehab
- Muscle stretching exercises to relieve pain and stiffness
- Advise on mobility aids or equipment for the home to ensure safety and promote mobility and function
For more information on how physiotherapy can help people with dementia, or to book an appointment please call 0161 883 0077.