Your physiotherapist will initially look at how your gait has been affected. Everyone presents differently so treatment will depend on your individual requirements.
Physiotherapy treatment will improve your ability to walk by implementing exercises and hand-on techniques. Physiotherapy treatment may involve:
- Exercises to strengthen muscles
- Stretching to increase range of movement
- Using parallel bars or with or without assistive devices
- Auditory and visual stimuli activities
- Activities to increase the magnitude of the step and the amplitude of the movement
- Breaking the gait cycle down into smaller more manageable chunks to restore normal movement patterns
At Manchester Physio we also work closely with podiatrists and orthotists who can provide additional treatment and equipment if necessary.
For more information on how gait analysis can help you please call 0161 883 0077, book online or alternatively contact us.