Our specialised physiotherapists will accurately assess your problem and provide you with the rehabilitation that you need in order to return to your sport as soon as possible. Early recovery and active rehabilitation are important goals in the treatment of sports injuries; our clinic is equipped with a large gym and the appropriate tools to help you achieve these goals.
Common problems seen in runners which can be effectively treated with physiotherapy are:
- Full gait analysis
- Full biomechanical assessment
- Assessment of core stability and muscle imbalance
We also have close links with Podiatrists and Orthotics and will refer you when appropriate.
Our chartered physiotherapists at Manchester Physio are able to assess and treat all skiing injuries which may include:
Knee Neck and Shoulder Hand and Wrist Back
Physiotherapy for Sports injuries
Whether you are an elite athlete or simply enjoy recreational sport and activity, we will fully assess your problem. From there your physiotherapist at Manchester Physio will devise a treatment programme to allow you to maximise your potential and facilitate your return to sport
Early diagnosis and treatment of any sports related injury, from strains to sprains, will help to minimise damage and achieve the best results.
Physiotherapy treatment will depend on your individual injury and current symptoms but may include:
- Pain management including anti-inflammatories and ICE
- Ultrasound to accelerate healing
- Gradual muscle stretching to regain pain free range of movement as soon as possible
- Soft tissue massage to relieve pain and stiffness
- Muscle strengthening exercises
- Aerobic exercises
- Functional retraining tailored to everyday activities and sport
- Advice on graded return to activity
- Preventing re-injury
Your physiotherapist at Manchester Physio will enable you to retrain the specific skills required for your sport or activity, as well as ensuring you condition yourself to reduce the chance of the same injury in the future.
Our physiotherapists at Manchester Physio are experienced in treating all levels of athletes from recreational to elite levels. Our physiotherapists can offer advice on fitness and training if you are planning to embark on a strenuous sporting activity (e.g. skiing or running). This can help to improve the body's condition and reduce the risk of injury. Please keep the following prevention tips in mind as they will help you reduce your injury risk:
- Participate in a conditioning program especially for your abdominals and glutes to build muscle strength and stability
- Do stretching exercises daily
- Always wear properly fitting shoes
- Nourish your muscles by eating a well-balanced diet
- Warm up before any sports activity, including practice
- Use or wear protective equipment appropriate for that sport
For more information about how physiotherapy can help, or to book an appointment please call 0161 883 0077.