Physiotherapy for a Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) injury
The medial collateral ligament (MCL) is commonly injured in sporting activities such as football, when the outside of the knee joint is struck and MCL is stretched too far, causing a tear in the ligament.
At Manchester Physio we provide specialist assessment and treatment for MCL injuries to ensure you make the best possible recovery and get back to your previous level of activity or sport as soon as possible.
Benefits of physiotherapy at Manchester Physio include:
- Alleviating pain and swelling
- Relieving stiffness
- Restoring and increase range of movement
- Increasing balance and co-ordination
- Improving muscle strength
- Enhancing stability of the knee
- Preventing re-injury
- Promoting a speedy recovery
At Manchester Physio, we have experienced musculoskeletal physiotherapists, who use a combination of hands-on techniques, electrotherapy and exercise to promote healing and maximise physical function.
Physiotherapy treatment will depend on you individual needs and requirements but may include:
- Electrotherapy to reduce pain, swelling and facilitate healing
- Deep tissue friction and soft tissue massage to improve circulation and enhance healing
- Structured exercise program to stretch and strengthen the muscles which surround and stabilise the knee.
- Balance training
- Activities based around everyday tasks
- Sport-specific exercises
- Exercises to improve aerobic fitness
If you would like more information on how physiotherapy can help you, or to book an appointment please call 0161 883 0077