What causes shin pain?
Common causes of shin pain include:
- Shin splints
- Biomechanics - such as flat footedness
- Repetitive overuse
Physiotherapy for calf pain
Physiotherapy at Manchester Physio will firstly involve an assessment to diagnose the cause of your shin pain followed by a comprehensive treatment plan to enhance recovery and get you back to your sporting and everyday activities as quickly as possible.
Physiotherapy treatment at Manchester Physio will depend on the cause of your shin pain and current symptoms but may include:
- Ice therapy to reduce swelling
- Ultrasound to promote healing
- Passive stretching
- Graduated exercises program to improve muscle strength and flexibility and correct any muscle imbalances
- Advice about appropriate footwear and orthotics
- Running program
For more information about how physiotherapy can help with shin pain, or to book an assessment please call 0161 883 0077.