- Restore pain free range of movement
- Improve muscle strength
- Improve muscle length
- Enhance ability with everyday function
Physiotherapy for fractures
Your physiotherapist at Manchester Physio will initially assess the affected limb considering pain, swelling and bruising. Your physiotherapist will then look at your range of movement and muscle strength. Physiotherapy will help speed up your recovery by reducing pain and improving physical function. Physiotherapy treatment at Manchester Physio may include:
- Passive and active movement to restore muscle bulk, length and strength surrounding the fracture site. As the fracture heals your physiotherapist will progress to movements with resistance and end-range stretching
- Structured exercise program to restore muscle length and balance and enhance functional ability.
- Joint mobilisation to improve and restore range of movement of the affected joints once the fracture has healed.
- Soft tissue massage to reduce pain, restore muscle length and release trigger points that occur within muscles following splinting or casting
- Heat and Electrotherapy to relieve stiffness within soft tissues following prolonged immobilisation.
- Functional education which may include gait re-education if your fracture requires the use of gait aids such as crutches to promote optimal healing and safety
- Advice on the any other equipment or adaptations
Physiotherapy will enhance your recovery and ensure you continue to make significant improvement in range of movement, muscle strength and everyday function. Your physiotherapist at Manchester Physio will also ensure that you return back to your normal activities with confidence and success.
For more information on physiotherapy for fractures, or to book an appointment please call 0161 883 0077.