Physiotherapy for fibromyalgia
People with fibromyalgia will benefit from specialist physiotherapy assessment and treatment at Manchester Physio. Physiotherapy is designed to help improve the physical symptoms of fibromyalgia.
Benefits of physiotherapy treatment at Manchester Physio for fibromyalgia include:
- Reducing pain
- Increasing muscle strength and flexibility
- Reducing muscle spasms
- Reducing stiffness
- Improving energy levels
- Increasing physical activity
- Enhancing quality of sleep
- Improving sense of well being
- Improving quality of life
At Manchester Physio, our motivated physiotherapists use of variety of techniques to help people manage their pain and fatigue and improve overall physical health. Physiotherapy treatment may include:
- Soft tissue massage along with stretching exercises to relieve stiffness and pain
- Advice about pacing and monitoring activities
- Structured exercise program tailored to you including active and passive movement and aerobic activities.
- Hydrotherapy to relieve tension and maximise fitness
- Goal setting - setting short and long term goals related to your lifestyle and needs to monitor progress and ensure you make long-term improvements
At Manchester Physio, we have physiotherapists who specialise in fibromyalgia to ensure that you get the most out of your treatment and reach your maximum potential.
For more information about physiotherapy for fibromyalgia, or to book an appointment please call 0161 883 0077.