Physiotherapy treatment at Manchester Physio for a person with a hamstring injury will focus on:
- Reducing pain and swelling
- Improving range of movement and prevent stiffness
- Improving muscle strength
- Preventing re-injury
- Promoting recovery
- Facilitating return to sporting activities as soon as possible
- Ice to reduce swelling
- Ultrasound to promote healing
- Passive and active stretching exercises to lengthen soft tissue
- Soft tissue massage to relieve tension and pain
- Structured exercise program including an improved warm up, aerobic training and cool down to get you back to your activities gradually
- Muscle strengthening exercises of the trunk, hip and leg muscles once pain and swelling is reduced
Your physiotherapist at Manchester Physio will also advise you on how to pace your activity so that you return to sport and everyday tasks with confidence and success. Physiotherapy treatment at Manchester Physio will promote healing, reduce pain and improve muscle strength and flexibility and speed up your recovery.
For more information about physiotherapy for hamstring pain, or to book an appointment please call 0161 883 0077.