You can join our Pre Natal Pilates classes after 12 weeks into your pregnancy. We advise you ask your GP or midwife before joining our class and will have one of our specialist physiotherapist call you before attending to fill out a health form and answer any question you may have.
What to expect
Pre Natal Pilates classes are specially designed by our fully trained Pilates physiotherapists. You can expect a relaxed atmosphere to enjoy the gentle, controlled exercise programme, adapted to suit your changing body.
Pilates can help to increase the stability of your spine and surrounding structures as the baby weight increases. Exercises aim to keep your balance, posture and movement at an optimum level to contribute to a positive pregnancy experience.
Following birth, you can continue onto our Post Natal Pilates class before returning to or following onto the Beginners or Intermediate - Advanced Pilates class.
Benefits of Pre Natal Pilates
You can benefit from Pre Natal Pilates in a number of ways.
Benefits of Pilates for pre-natal women include:
- Preparing your body for pregnancy and labour
- Strengthens pelvic floor and deep core muscles
- Reduces risk of incontinence
- Possible prevention of sciatic nerve pain
- Improving relaxation skills
- Decreases strain on your lower back
- Improved spinal and pelvic alignment
There are some precautions you should consider before starting the Pre Natal Pilates class. Please check with your GP or midwife before attending your first session.
You should not attend Pilates if you have any of the following symptoms:
Manchester Physio Pre Natal Class
Pre Natal Pilates classes are held at the Manchester Physio 3-5 St John Street clinic and ran by our specialist physiotherapy instructors.
- Class sizes are small to ensure individual attention
- A block of 4 classes costs only £60
- High quality equipment for classes is available on site
- One to one sessions at the clinic or at home are also available
For Pre Natal Pilates class times and to book onto a class call Manchester Physio on 0161 883 0077 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org