Physiotherapy for Guillian-barre syndrome
Physiotherapy treatment for Guillian-barre syndrome will help facilitate recovery and maximise physical potential. Our neurological physiotherapists at Manchester Physio are experienced at treating people with Guillian-barre syndrome and understand that its sudden and unexpected onset can have a significant impact on you and those close to you.
Benefits of neurological physiotherapy treatment for Guillain-Barr� syndrome include:
- Improving function � rolling, sitting balance, sit to stand, standing balance and walking
- Improving transfers
- Enhancing control of head and trunk in different postures
- Improving gross and fine motor control
- Retraining normal patterns of movement
- Increasing energy levels
- Improving muscle strength and flexibility
- Improving posture
- Relieving pain
- Promoting independence
- Enhancing quality of life
Physiotherapy treatment for Guillain-Barr� syndrome (GBS) should commence as soon as possible for the best possible recovery. Our specialised physiotherapists at Manchester Physio are able to provide physiotherapy assessments and treatment as soon and as often as you require.
An initial assessment with one of our specialist neurological physiotherapists will look at your current level of function and an individualised rehabilitation program will be developed. Physiotherapy treatment at Manchester Physio may include:
- Practicing functional tasks with support and teaching you how to achieve activities in different ways.
- Structured activity programme which will include passive and active stretching and muscle strengthening exercises to keep the muscles strong and flexible.
- Balance training
- Correcting and varying posture in lying, sitting and standing
- Hydrotherapy treatment
- Gait re-education
- Advice on walking aids and equipment to speed up your recovery, improve safety and make your home or work life easier.
For more information on physiotherapy for Guillian barre syndrome, or to book an appointment please call 0161 883 0077.