What is elderly rehabilitation?
Elderly rehabilitation is maintaining and improving the general health and ability of elderly individuals. At Manchester Physio we commonly work with elderly patients helping optimise their quality and enjoyment of life. We will carry out a full functional assessment and work with you and your family to set realistic short and long term goals.
What are the benefits of elderly rehabilitation?
Being involved in an elderly rehabilitation programme with Manchester Physio can provide a number of benefits to you. The physiotherapists at Manchester Physio will devise a personalised treatment programme to help you achieve the following outcomes:
- Regaining your independence
- Maximise your safety
- Reducing the risk of falling
- Restoring your confidence
- Improving your quality of life
- Helping you to carry out activities of daily living
- Improving mobility indoors and outdoors
- Maintaining your muscle strength
- Balance and walking re-education
Who will benefit from elderly rehabilitation?
Physiotherapy for elderly rehabilitation can be extremely useful if you have had a fall, accident or would just like to improve your independence and functional capabilities. The physiotherapists at Manchester Physio commonly work with elderly people who have:
- Recently deteriorated in their mobility
- Recently been discharge from hospital
- Fallen or have a high risk of falling
- Recently had an accident
- Pain that is limiting them
- Recently had an operation
- An interest in improving their independence and functional abilities
If you would like to book a full assessment with one of our specialist physiotherapists, then please call Manchester Physio on 0161 883 0077 today.