Manchester Physio have Expert Witness physiotherapists in every specialism of physiotherapy. All of the Medico-Legal reports produced by Manchester Physio are Civil Procedure Rules (CPR) Part 35 and Practice Direction 35 compliant. All of our Medico-Legal Expert Witness physiotherapists are members of the Medico-Legal Association of Chartered Physiotherapists (MLACP) and, as treating therapists as well as Expert Witnesses, are up to date with current treatment techniques, equipment and research. Curricula Vitae of appropriate experts can be provided on request. Manchester Physio has specialist Musculoskeletal, Neurological, Paediatric, Orthopaedic and Rheumotological Physiotherapy Experts.
Our Medico-Legal physiotherapy reports can advise regarding:
- The claimant's previous, present and future functional ability
- The claimant's present and future therapy needs
- The claimant's potential for improvement with appropriate rehabilitation
- The amount and cost of on-going physiotherapy input
- Equipment required to allow the claimant to maximise their potential
- The capital and annual costs of specialist therapy equipment
- The suitability of accommodation
How much does a report cost?
Following an initial enquiry a written quotation for a physiotherapy Medico-Legal expert assessment and report will be provided if required. This quotation will be broken down into document review, assessment, travel and report preparation costs. The cost will vary depending on the location of the client and the complexity of the case and report.
How to instruct Manchester Physio
Written or emailed instruction is required. Instruction must be in line with PD Part 35. The following information must be included in the instruction (if available):
- the capacity of appointment (e.g. party appointed expert, single joint expert or expert advisor)
- the services required of the expert (e.g. provision of expert's report, answering questions in writing, attendance at meetings and attendance at court)
- detailed purpose of the report and issues to be addressed
- timescale for delivery of the report
- relevant GP and hospital records
- expert reports (all present and updated in the future)
- witness statements
- particulars of claim and defence
- relevant court orders
- schedule of loss
- other background information
- advise party / parties responsible for the payment of fees
How long will the Medico-Legal physiotherapy report take?
An initial assessment is normally undertaken within two weeks of instruction.
Reports are provided within four weeks of the initial assessment.
Assessment and Treatment
Manchester Physio provide first class rehabilitation for individuals who have suffered an accident or injury that was no fault of their own. We can meet the needs of solicitors and their clients by providing:
- A written quotation for our services (emailed same day as enquiry)
- Clinic or home based initial assessments and treatments at a time to suit the client
- A full written report following the assessment (if required). This report can include timescales for recovery, amount and frequency of treatment required, and cost
- Treatment sessions in clinic, at home, at work, at the gym, in the hydrotherapy pool, and at school
- Treatment to supplement NHS physiotherapy services (if required)
- Invoices direct to the accounts department on a monthly basis
- Interim reports (if required)
- Discharge reports at the end of treatment
Manchester Physio have physiotherapists that specialise in musculoskeletal, neurological and paediatric conditions. We understand that clients often have multiple or complex injuries. If required, these clients can be treated by different types of physiotherapists under one roof by Manchester Physio. For example a traumatic brain injury client who also has orthopaedic injuries.
Manchester Physio have a multidisciplinary team of medical professionals. We have specialist hydrotherapy physiotherapists, occupational therapists, orthotists, podiatrists and speech and language therapists. We also work closely with numerous local consultants and surgeons.
Have an Enquiry you wish to make? Simply fill out the form below and we will get back to you.